Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Monday

I've said it before...Monday is the root of all evil.

Before I tell you about this particular Monday ...did I ever tell you that I built my website myself?...
yes, writing html code is sorta a hobby of mine.
(Ya, I'm a little nerdy).
Currently I'm working on a new website, hopefully soon I'll be able to unviel it, my new blog banner is a part of my new web design....
I like to think I'm pretty computer savvy...anyways, back to Mondays.

This Monday was no different...
woke up to rain and wind, 50mph wind...stuff flying everywhere outside.
Then we lost power. Ok...I'll survive, they'll have it back on soon I'm sure.
Call them. Yup..about an hour they say.

What to do till then?...can't paint without my lamp, can't cut signs, can't get on the COMPUTER...can't get on the treadmill...geez...I never knew I took that stuff
for granted but I did!

Sure enough, about an hour, powers back!!! YAY!!
Quick, turn on the computer. Whirl...here it comes.
Come on, hurry up. What's this black screen?????
Hellloooooo screen....where are you?????
Oh no. No screen. No monitor. It's fried.

Run to Best Buy, buy a new monitor.
Ok, please let this be all it is, just the monitor (like that wasn't alot???).
Hook it up, turn on the computer. No screen. No monitor. ...ok, don't cry.
Call Dell...they'll figure it out with me.

Hello? Hi Juan, ...here's my story....

Ok Ms. Small, let's try a couple of things...unplug this, plug in that, now plug in the other thing...ok now turn on the power button on the monitor.

The what?
The power button on the monitor.
Oh, the power button.
Yes. It's on the side of the monitor, just hold it down.
Oh...ok...I see it...it's under a sticker...
Wooooo hoooo... there's my screen!!!!

The POWER BUTTON... who knew???
{Juan, you can stop laughing now!!!}

So it turns out Monday is NOT the root of all evil...the POWER BUTTON IS!!

happy happy Monday!

19 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Those power buttons will get you every time, Paula! Good thing you're computer savvy! ; )

I thought your blog banner looked different when I clicked in. I like it! Have fun with your html. I did my website through Yahoo because it was perfect for someone like me who would think html stood for "hi there my love" in texting lingo.

Life In My Nest said...

Isn't it funny how sometimes we get the complicated things, but the simple ones throw us! So, are you wondering if that was the problem with the old monitor?! Have a better day -- Monday will be over soon.

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Kathy,
that is funny... "hi there my love"!! If only html was that friendly!
Teresa, thanks...and yes, I am wondering so when I feel like I've caught up with this loss of day I'm going to put the old monitor back on and try the 'power button'. lol!

Julie Harward said...

LOL...REALLY I AM, BECAUSE THAT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING I WOULD DO! WE GET SO PANIC STRUCK WHEN SOMETHING SEEMS TO GO WRONG..THE COMPUTER HS REALLY BECOME OUR LIFE LINE TO THE WORLD. YOUR HEADER AND NEW LOOK LOOKS VERY GOOD! COME SAY HI :D

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Many a simple oversight has bitten me in the butt

stefanie said...

That is so funny, and I think we CAN all relate...I always panic first..lol..glad its fixed

Whatever Is Lovely said...

LOL!!! That is something I would do for sure!! Are you sure we weren't separated at birth? LOL!

Big Hugs! ~ Teresa

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Is your hair blonde? LOL. Just kiddin. I've done the same thing and sometimes worse.

Glad all is well.

Sissie

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Sissie..that's funny, I was ALMOST going to mention that my hair was not blonde, but I'm dark haired proof that the blonde thing just doesn't hold water!!

Kelee Katillac said...

Hi Paula!

Its so nice to meet you! Lovely blog-and your banner is charming.
So great that you did-it-yourself! Love your DIY savvy! The signs are so well done too! Talented lady!

Thank-you for stopping by!

love, kelee

Debbi said...

I have a "I hate Monday" pity party every Monday morning...and computer probs always seem to be that day to--now it is the wireless printer not repsonding:(
Anyway, love your art, the french sogns are awesome!

Judy@cutest-little-things.blogspot.com said...

I'm a code writer, too!!! I love to write it myself and not use a program!

Judy@cutest-little-things

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Oh my, Paula! :o) LOL Really . . . I'm not laughing at you because I can sooooo see me doing this exact same thing.

And I'll tell you right now how impressed I am with your html skills. I tried taking an online class one time to learn how to build a website. Needless to say, I became an online, web-building, html-writing school dropout! I'm a dunce when it comes to the 'puter. It's a wonder I can handle the idiot-proof blog I have!

Love your new profile pic, too!

tattytiara said...

Buttons will be the downfall of us all, mark my words.

Your banner is very, very lovely.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
How funny. Isn't it amazing how something as simple as pushing a button, can cause such turmoil. thanks for sharing, Jeanette

Jenny said...

Look. I am really, truly not laughing AT you. That is something I would totally do. While I can wind my way through Dreamweaver a bit writing straight HTML code... I'm impressed. And your blog is beautiful. You may have to become a blog designer. You know...in your spare time.

Winchester Manor said...

I'm sorry sweet friend but that is funny and something I would do! Glad to hear that's all it was! Can't wait to see your new website, you are a lady of many talents!!

Hugs,
Karyn

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Thanks for all the laughs girls! Well, no luck with the old 'power button'...goodbye old monitor...C'est la vie!

Jade Creative said...

The most obvious solution.
Glad you figured it out....
darlene