Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Prom & that's why I love Paypal!





Last weekend was Hannah's prom. We started the dress hunt in early March and after looking at just about every prom dress for sale in the state of Delaware she finally found this one online....


It would take 3 weeks to make, 10 days to ship. We ordered it~ she was so happy!
(I won't mention the name of the website...but there it is in the photo!)




Two weeks before prom the dress still hadn't arrived...I started emailing them." Don't worry, we're working on it, it will make it for May 7th." This is what they kept telling me. These emails come from "Boris" and he's writing in broken english...I'm starting to worry.
Eight days til prom...still no dress. The last email says they're shipping it on May 2nd. From China!! No way Boris...it ain't making it. I went to paypal and filed a dispute (thank goodness I paid with paypal!!). 24 hours later I was refunded.



I. Love. Paypal.

So...she borrowed a dress from a friend ....




Hannah's in pink...


she's beautiful....








and happy....

















and.... a bit grown up... (oh no!)









and had a great time....



phew!


.... and the moral of the story...if you MUST buy a prom dress online ... pay with paypal!!

13 comments:

Victoria said...

That's good to know about Paypal, I always use it when I purchase on Etsy.

Your daughter looks gorgeous, what divine hair she has!!! I think her dress looks perfect, blondes look so good in pink:) My 2 older boys never went to their proms, my youngest will be a senior next year but I doubt he'll go either...it would be fun if he would tho!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hannah looked as beautiful as her smile!. I know how hard it is to find a prom dress..My daughter Bernadette and I looked for days and could not find a dress for her, she is very tiny and everything over powered her. We ended up designing a dress and sewing it. She looked perfect and she was happy.
As long as the girls are happy the day of their prom is all that counts.. Hannah's date looks very handsome :)
I love proms! and seeing the kids all dressed up.
Have a sweet day and big hugs, Elizabeth

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

I love the gown you tried to get for her BUT I have to say she IS exquisite in pink. What a beauty. Tell her I said she needs some mace in her purse, JIC...ya never know!

Lisa said...

Yikes! Yep, thank goodness for Paypal! Hannah looked beautiful in the chosen gown, and you both will always remember this prom!
I just saw you in Romantic Homes, Congratulations! I spotted your work right away!

Lots of hugs,
Lisa

Blondie's Journal said...

What a shame...you certainly ordered it well ahead of time. But it all ended well and Hannah looks beautiful!

XO,
Jane

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Such a beautiful daughter you have, Paula! I'm so glad everything worked out fine for her (and for you, thanks to Paypal)!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

she dreams big! said...

Too funny but very scary! Boris . . . from China! I hope you can laugh about it now. Glad it all worked out and she looked just lovely!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

GORGEOUS!!!
Love the booty shot!

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for your visit...she is so pretty! These times in our childrens lives are so much fun. :D

michelle said...

I am so sorry that the dress didn't come, but so glad that you were reimbursed! Her pink gown is gorgeous as is she. I am so glad that she had a great time.
XO

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Paula, Hannah looks gorgeous in her friends dress! I am glad it all worked out for her. Check out my most recent post about the giveaway winner. I think you will be happy!
Hugs,
Sherry

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

They're all so glamorous! Hannah is the fairest of the fair though.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Paula Sweetie...
Your baby, Hannah is just gorgeous. I love her photos and so pretty in PINK. I love it. How wonderful that she had a friend, and was able to share at the last minute. I am so tickled it all worked out in the end. That smile on her face says it all.

Have a glorious Sunday sweet friend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry