Saturday, July 24, 2010

They're here....








the dog days of summer.


The first tell tale sign is the


oppresive heat...


then it's the singing of the cicada's....


last, but far from least,


the back to school supplies showing up in every store, everywhere.





A few nights ago after dinner I handed my boys the bug spray and invited them to a

garden party....

they accepted!

There were weeds to pull and beans to pick,

that older guy in the chair was so fast he became a blur!




The cucumbers are just loving my Eiffel Tower!



I took the liberty of renaming them

'Parisian Burpless'

think Burpee will mind?





5 comments:

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Hi Paula~
That is really funny! They must have your sense of humor:)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I remember the days of in home help. My kids are all grown and out on their own. Cute boys and love the Parisian Burpless!!

LuLu Kellogg said...

LOL Paula...you crack me up!!

LuLu♥

Julie Harward said...

It is all so wonderful isn't it, heat and all...because we will have snow again before we can blink! ;/

Jenny said...

I love the pictures in this post! What fun! And it is definitely dog days of summer here, too. My garden is pretty much withered and dead though now. Parisian Burpless! Really cute!