Saturday, October 24, 2009

adoring putti...{poo-tee}


Putti ...

the definition
from Art History:

those plump little naked boys with wings that one often sees
in Renaissance, Mannerist, Baroque and Rococo art.


Typically, a putto (the singular form) depicts an angel or cherub
in a religious scene, but he may also come in the form of Cupid.
In either case, a putto's presence symbolizes love,
whether Divine or of a more earthly nature.


And they are all around me...I just adore them, always have...

here are some that I own....




and then there are those that I wished I owned...




And I'm always finding ones that I just have to paint! You've probably seen them on my Patisserie signs and Christmas signs... This year I decided to paint a shabby pale aqua Joyeux Noel...(just love this color for Christmas!)

and it just seem to be saying...."add a couple of putti", so I did!




Soon to be in my etsy shop!
Have a wonderful weekend!
´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´paula

**update** I just listed this in my shop and wanted to add more photos here (etsy only gives us 5!)





1 comment:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Not only is your sign beee-yooooo-teeee-fulllll, but I learned a new word! I do believe I can surprise my art history loving sister with my new vocab!

Glad to see you blogging! More please. ;)