Friday, April 24, 2009

Growing Groceries

Big new project going on here...it wasn't supposed to be such a big project, but it is now.
I just wanted a garden, a vegetable garden, a real vegetable garden...not too much to ask right?
Well it began a couple of weeks ago...




Keep going hunny! You're doing great!

Just look at the determination on this guy!!!


Well we've worked the soil...and continue to work it!


I'm planning on lot's of veggies...tomatoes, peppers, squash, cukes, spinach, chard, beets...oh the list goes on! Hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew! (pun intended!!)
Behind this area is a sweet little lean-to you can't see that I'm turning into sort of a summer studio...I'll post pics when it's done :)
I couldn't decide on a color but when I opened my email yesterday from Ballard Designs I saw this...


and thought...eureka! that's my color! charteuse...I just love it!
and I must have those pots in that color, but they are way out of my budget so of course I'm recreating the look with my pots...working with different greens, yellows and glazes, then I'm going to add a high gloss varnish to get the look of fine pottery...I'll let you know how that comes out too!
Wishing all a pretty weekend with lot's of sunshine!!


¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Paula

2 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the lovely color you have chosen!

It's going to be wonderful to have your own garden where you can pop out your back door and pick something all fresh! I would love to have one too but our 5 fur babies would trample it.

Happy Sunday!
LuLu~*xoxo

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

thanks lulu! I am plantiing and painting in 96 degree heat... I must be crazy!