Monday, March 1, 2010

More evenings like this, please!


It was Saturday night and I ditched the sweatpants, put on a little black dress

(long-sleeved of course..it is, unfortuantely, still winter!),

grabbed my darling and we went to a fabulous dinner with friends...

friends who like us, have been hibernating all winter!



Phew...we needed to 'get out' like you read about!



We went to celebrate 2 anniversaries & a birthday at Passwaters Restaurant at the Heritage Shores Country Club in Bridgeville De.

(you girls that live close...this place is a dining experience you must have!)


we look very 'composed' don't we?





We weren't, trust me.


Mark, Paula (the only other Paula I know besides PJ!)


Blair, Cheryl, Don, MaryRose, Mike & me!




What a great time....so good for the psyche kinda night:)





MaryRose & Don's son...Frank...

the Executive Chef at Passwaters!!


You know what happens when your friends' son is the 'executive chef'?

Well, lets just say we wanted for very little!

A liesurely 3 hour dinner...

Mussels...Pork Won tons.. crab cakes..the best Bruchetta I've ever tasted...Cream of Crab soup...Ceasar Salad...Lamb Shank..Filet Mignon with Bleu Cheese crust...Rockfish with crab & succotash stuffing...

Duck...New York Strip...Veal...

we ate like Kings & Queens!


For dessert we were treated to tableside flaming

'Bananas Foster' ....a recipe Frank got from Brennan's in New Orleans...

banana liquer, cinnamon, bananas, dark rum, vanilla ice cream, and

candied walnuts..{made right on the premises}...oh they were sooooo yummy!



Frank brought out Chef hat's for our boys to wear...(I told you we weren't very 'composed').
Then he prepared the Banana's Foster tableside..I was very impressed.





Check out Chef Franks' website...Cooking with Chef Frank


he shares his famous recipe for "Cream of Crab" soup...oh, it is to die for!!


Some of his dishes....





Now, I don't have any pictures of us after dinner but, that's probably a good thing!


...we went to Mark & Paula's and played Wii bowling...


the girls beat the guys 2-1 and it was my first time playing!!


(ya, I know, I must be the only person alive who hadn't played Wii!!)

but that will change soon...my darling husband says..."we need that" and since it has tennis,

I'm agreeing!



¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ paula


7 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a great idea, Paula! Everything looks delicious and how great that your friends' son is the Executive Chef. I remember when we first got the Wii I was loving the bowling. Can't bowl for my life in real life, but loved it on the Wii.

LuLu Kellogg said...

Look how pretty you look! Ths food looked amazing. I am so glad you had a great time!

I sent you a convo on Etsy :)

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

How fun!! We all need a night out like that every once in a while just to regroup and de-stress!!

I have never played Wii either! lol

Lou Cinda :)

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Wow...such an evening to remember!
We all need our own personal executive chief...that was some meal, and Bananas Foster!..OMG. I'm salivating here.

Wii is such fun.I have a ball with our Grands.
Have a great week, now that your all refreshed from last weekend!

xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Lori said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening. I'm going to check out Cooking with Chef Frank.

So, now I really am the only person alive that has not tried Wii.

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Hi Paula! I've been meaning to comment on this post, and just kept getting interrupted! Looks like a terrific time, and the food looks yummy-delicious. Maybe this summer when we're vacationing in your neck of the woods, we'll have to check it out.

I say you all should get together once a month. If not out somewhere, at someone's house. We try to get together with friends at least that often. It's really rejuvenating - not to mention just good fun!

I'll have to check out Chef Frank's website. Thanks for sharing!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

All dressed up and some place to go!! YAY! It looks like so much fun, Paula! And another Paula!! We should form a club.