Monday, January 9, 2012

my DIY make up table ..

TADA!!  here it is...I finally got around to doing a little photo shoot of it...
it was quite a labor of love...and really hard to keep it hidden in the workshop while I worked on it!



It started as an old vanity from the thrift store...I just used the legs and drawer with the skirt and added a new top...

 the top has a mirror base to it then a glass shelf where the trays slide under, making all her make-up clearly visible and easy to access!


 and I had alot of fun filling it up with all new make up and accessories...


 she was so shocked when she removed the paper I had draped all around it with a bow on top...I thought she was going to pass out! lol.... she made my Christmas when she said...
"this is every girls dream!"




 We had fun making these two jewelry boards with black burlap wrapped over simple foam board...
it was the perfect touch to the table in her room...



What do you think?? Every girls dream or was mom just trying to relive her teenage years?
lol.... okay...maybe I was just a little!


I'm thinking sign giveaway coming up next post...just a few days from now...
thinking Farmers Market sign to celebrate it's over 150 etsy hearts it's gotten!
woohoo!!
See you then!



18 comments:

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Paula,

Wow! It is every girls dream to have a makeup area like this. Beautiful!!!

Dee

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, this is every woman's dream. What a fantastic makeup table. Wow. Love it. Hugs, Marty

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

WOW, so pretty!

Happy New Year!!

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

All of mine is thrown into the drawer by my sink. You are so organized...it's awesome!

Linsey

michelle said...

Definitely every girls dream! That is beautiful Paula! I love that you can see everything. Lucky lucky girl. :)
Happy New Year to you!!!
xoxoxo

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful, Paula! I think it was a little of both! : ) What girl, no matter what age, can resist a vanity table. I love the way this looks ~ sparkly, glam and functional {although the sparkly and glam are always the best part!}.

Victoria said...

Happy New Year Paula! That is such an awesome little make up area you've created...definitely a girls dream!!!

Oh, over 150 hearts on one of your signs...wow, that's a lot! But they're so lovely it's understandable:)

Julie Harward said...

It is awesome...and we should all be staying young at heart with such things! :D

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Paula,
I would love to have this wonderful makeup table. It's beautiful!!!

And yes, it's every girls dream. And your girl is one lucky girl!

hugs
Sissie

injaynesworld said...

I think you're the coolest mom ever! That is absolutely gorgeous and destined to be a family heirloom for sure.

Debbie said...

Wow, Paula! This is so neat! what a lucky daughter you have!
xxxooo

Claudia said...

What a great gift, Paula! She must have swooned with delight. I know I would have loved something like that when I was younger. Great job.

xo
Claudia

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

It is every girl's dream! Will you be my new mom?

You did a beautiful job!

My farmer's market sign is doing a tour of duty over my mantle while my BD and breakfast sign awaits a new spot in my foyer. You are EVERYWHERE in my house! :-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

WOW! I REALLY love it! I keep going back up to look at the photos to see how the glass top works! How perfect to be able to see everything you have! This truly is every girl's dream! ♥♥♥

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Dear Paula,
Wishing you and yours a very happy and sweet New year!
What a wonderful and thoughtful gift..I love it. I want a make-up table too :)
I have enjoyed catching up with you today.
Big hugs, Elizabeth

Jenny said...

This must have been the BEST gift ever!!!

It turned out great and I think the jewelry boards add the perfect touch!!!

Sandi said...

WOW! I love it and it IS every girls dream...young or old!! :)
Blessings~

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hello Paula!
What a beautiful piece...and I agree with the other Sandi, it is every girl's dream at any age!
LOVE your new header!