Monday, July 11, 2011

Back from Vacation {?}

Sort of a vacation...more like one of those vacations you need a vacation after! We traveled all around the state of Iowa...never really sleeping in the same bed twice! I left home with the sniffles and a stuffy nose...this got worse as the week went on. When we got back I went straight to the doctor to find out I had pneumonia! I'm MUCH better now...but yeah, I could really use another vacation!



I forgot my camera...can you believe that? These are photos from our cell phones....flying into Omaha~the flooding was unreal to see, felt more like flying over the ocean.


A scary sight...the water covering everything but rooftops and treetops.





We watched fireworks twice...once at Spirit Lake then again at Lake Okoboji...

The boats and the crowds began gathering on the lake, it was just beautiful!
The ferris wheel at Arnolds Park, Lake Okiboji, Iowa. My husband got this shot...he was very proud of it:)


In the airport on the way home...my little environmental scientist thought this sign on the door was soooo cool. We don't have 'tornado shelters' on the east coast. I had to drag her away ~ she really wanted to open it!!

And here...meet my new partner in crime signs!!!
This is my good friend Marie
(with her two adorable grandbabies, can you believe she's a grandmother?!! ~ she looks more like the big sister!!!)
who has joined me in the cutting, sanding and painting of a gazillion signs!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer...
if you're in this current heat wave stay safe & cool!

xo














12 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Oh, Paula, what a way to spend your vacation, sick! I am glad that you are feeling better! Well, you took took some great photos with your phone camera! The ferris wheel and tornado shelter are my favs. We don't have those here on the west coast either :)

It is so sad to see all those homes and business lost, people, animals without homes. When I think I'm having a "bad" day I have to stop and remember to be thankful for all I am blessed with.

Take care of yourself! When you have a chance, stop by and scroll down a few posts. I am having a giveway.

xxoo
Marsha

stefanie said...

I can't belive the flooding!!! its so sad!
glad you had a vacation, I have forgotton what those are...lol

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Paula Sweetie...
Oh dear,please be so careful. That is what happened to me. It started out as pneumonia, I ended up in the hospital and lost most of my speaking voice permanently). Please be careful and stay on top of this. I worry about you sweet one.

Looks like you had a wonderful time though. I loved that ferris wheel shot, for a cell phone photo it is phenomenal and those aerial shots are too. I can't believe it.

Loved meeting your good friend Marie, and no she does not look like a Grandmother. Isn't she just the sweetest little thing?

I will be keeping you in my prayers sweetie. Please take care of yourself, and if the meds don't get you better soon, go right back and get something else. Keep me posted. Many hugs to you and SO much love from Phoenix, Sherry

Julie Harward said...

So good that you have a partner to do some of that. Sorry you were sick on the trip but it does look fun! Now maybe you need a sta-cation to rest up! ;D

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Paula,
Oh no...I'm so glad you are feeling better now. Sounds like you really had a good time thou.
Wow, I have never seen a sign like that either, we do not have tornado's where I live.
Its wonderful you have a partner now, the business is really growing and doing well...that is so great. I know I love your designs and have plans for more..hehehe.
Have a sweet day welcome home and big hugs, Elizabeth

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Pneumonia? Yikes! I'm glad you're feeling better! The shots of Omaha are heartbreaking. That they came out that good with your cell phone from the plane is amazing. Love the sunset shot. Marie is a new millennium grandma, for sure!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Paula...hope you are feeling much better!

Glad you are back home to relax from your trip, please take care of yourself!

Nice to meet your new partner in cr..signs!

Lisa said...

OMG, phenomena! Take care!!! It's good to be home though, right?
Those photos of the flood are terrible, but something we all need to see.
And it's nice to meet your new partner, and yes, I agree, when I first saw her, I thought she was the Mom of those two little ones!
Okay, go rest, and then work, work, work!

hugs,

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Hi Paula! Sorry to hear you were under the weather, well maybe a bit more than just "under the weather" while on vaca. Glad to hear you're doing better. Those photos of the flooding . . . just devasting. Although, I have to say, the cell phone pics weren't bad.

Nice to meet Marie! You're right, I'd never guessed she was a "granny".
Hope you have a great weekend.

Carla

Something Special said...

Those flood pictures are unreal! Especially the one that shows the freeway in it! Wow! I feel so bad for anyone living there. We do have relatives in Omaha, but I think they were not affected.

Jenny said...

That flooding just makes my heart hurt. And it's nice to meet Marie! You two are going to be producing up a storm. Woo hoo!

PCovi said...

No doubt she looks like the sister! Pretty and young!