Tuesday, May 26, 2009

{summer of love}

planting is done!

I can't tell you how excited I am about this garden...




after waiting many years...

it is finally done...

from my little summer studio I can sit and paint, watching the veggies grow...






we planted so many different veggies...cukes, tomatoes, all the peppers (red, yellow, green, hot, sweet banana), yellow beans, green beans, eggplant, 5 kinds of lettuce, summer squash, zuchini, spinach, swiss chard, green onions and a row of herbs.


right now the lettuces and radishes are doing the best...






above, english daisies I started from seed...below, my favorite girl with white cosmos & creeping jenny...two more of my absolute favs.


I am anticipating a summer of love...with lot's of fresh veggies!

4 comments:

Jade Creative said...

Paula, Your garden cottage is truly enchanting. I am sure you will get a lot of inspiration from your growing garden.
How sweet the Angel with daisies in the pot.
Have a wonderful day!
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,
I found you through blog hopping; ) I make lampshades, night lights, faerie boxes, catchers and write faerie tales.

I have to tell you, you are living in my dream location. Just charming, simple yet elegant, I love it. I stopped by to get info - You do signs I need signs; ) MaidenShade signs. One for hanging, one for resting on something (both of those outside), and one for over my studio door.

Do you do custom, outside signs? Are they lavish and expensive? I know, I know - I have to check out your etsy shop, lol.

It's been a very challenging week here at MaidenShade. Working through blog issues, thinking of possible posts - and rueing the fact I'm not visiting everyone. Please, don't forget about me; )

Today's post is on some basics of HTML just in case that is something you're interested in. It does come in handy for working in blog posts, webpages, and listings if you have a store.

xJ
MaidenShade.wordpress.com

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oh Paula....your garden looks lovely! That is marvelous that you will be able to paint and see your garden flourishing at the same time!

Happy Friday!

LuLu~*xoxo

Zinnia's on Melrose said...

Oh, how I would love to sit on your patio and create and watch your gargen grow! How fun and pretty! Good luck with the garden.
Tricia
Vintage Bliss